Monday, June 28, 2004

A good week

I haven't posted in a while. But it's been a good week. On the recovery front, my dad has been progressing well. All tubes have been removed (still has the catheter) and he's been breathing on his own. It now seems like he's going to be able to leave the hospital soon and enter a nursing facility, at least for a while. He's been progressing with the physical therapy (even though it really wears him out), and for the first time in a long time, it doesn't look like he's a moment away from backsliding.

My cousin came from out of town just to visit my dad, and came to the hospital Friday, Saturday, and Sunday to see him. I think my dad was really glad to have the extra company. Earlier in the week, one of the guys who had worked for my father back in the 1950's and 1960's came to the hospital to visit. It was like they had just talked the previous day. It sure must be nice to be a good person and have so many friends.


My cousin came from out of town just to visit my dad, and came to the hospital Friday, Saturday, and Sunday to see him.


On Saturday night, my cousin and I decided to take in a baseball game at Comerica Park, home of the Detroit Tigers for the past three seasons. It was my first visit there, so I took way too many pictures. The game turned out to be very exciting, with the home-team pulling it out with a homerun in the bottom of the 9th inning. Who could ask for more.


A picture of the main scoreboard at Comerica Park


My first trip to Comerica - it's a cool stadium with good views in every seat


Despite being in the second tier bleachers, just outside the foul post, the view was unobstructed




My cousin, sitting in the stands at Comerica Park

It looks like my cousin was enjoying the game


It was really good seeing my cousin after so many years. Though we talk on our birthdays, it's just not the same as seeing eachother in person. Despite the reason for his visit, everything was very upbeat, and I hope I get the opportunity to see him again real soon.

No comments: