Friday, June 04, 2004

Oh what fun

My blog uses a style sheet to display it's content, like most other sites on the web. In order to "jazz" the screen up a bit, I use a different colour and font to display my links when someone mouses over them. That's no big deal. But I just read my previous post (the Fantastic Idea) and tried to click on the link embedded in the story. I use IE 6, and 1024 x 768 1280 x 1024 resolution on my computer. When my mouse passed over the link, it changed to it's "mouse-over" font, which is somewhat smaller than when normally displayed. The change in font size was enough to make the link move to a different part of the screen, so that the mouse was no longer hovering over the link. Because of that, I was not able to activate the link! If I tried to "sneak up" on it, I was sometimes able to highlight it and stealthily move to the other part of the screen and re-click on the highlighted link, but most of the time, that darn link became quite illusive.

I wonder if anyone else who uses a different screen resolution has experienced this problem on my blog.

Updated to fix an incorrect statement about my screen settings

No comments: