Sunday, June 20, 2004

Visiting my dad

So, we visited the hospital today for Father's Day, and saw my dad out of bed, relaxing on a reclinable wheelchair. While he sounded weak and had oxygen being administered through his nose, he was a bit more chipper than I've seen him. I took the opportunity to read aloud the card we had purchased, and into which I had pasted a personal note (printed from my home computer to look like it was part of the original card). He didn't seem at all depressed today, though he was a bit uncomfortable in the chair and asked for the nurse to do something or other every five minutes. I guess he's going stir crazy in the hospital. Who can blame him.

I'm of two minds whether to post pictures that show him in less than perfect health. On the one hand, the pictures may not be too pretty. On the other, it gives my family members who live out of town a chance to see my father in a condition better than when they last saw him. I'll have to give it some thought.

No comments: