Tuesday, September 24, 2002

Am I having fun yet?

Getting ready to move to a new city with a week's notice is no fun at all. I don't have a car, and don't have a place to live. I'm hoping to stay with my sister for a short while, but ideally, I'd like to NOT commit to a car lease or apartment lease without at least a month of employment under my belt. Whether I can afford a rental car for a month, and whether my sister can tolerate me under the same roof for a month has yet to be seen.

I'm no fan of long distance romance, and am definitely NOT looking forward to being away from my wife for so long. Even if things go well and I get an apartment in Toronto, it means I will only see my wife for the equivalent of 7 weeks out of the next year. Even if I spent my entire vacation in Windsor, that would only bring it to 8-1/2 weeks. That sucks!

No comments: