Saturday, September 21, 2002

Sold!

Having spent much of the afternoon looking at property in the Toronto area (try www.mls.ca and see for yourself!), I had almost given up hope. Then, I tried some of the CLOSE suburbs. I had assumed they would all be expensive, and those far enough away to be inexpensive would leave me with an unbelievable commute.

Then, we looked further afield to Guelph and Kitchener. The homes were a lot less than Toronto, but still not cheap. I guess lots of people have decided this is the place to live. But the commute was over an hour! Ironically, we hadn't considered any of the close-in suburbs. When we started looking around, we stumbled upon Brampton. The housing is more in line with what is available here (maybe a 15-30% premium over Windsor). But the commute time is under 30 minutes, and avoids most of the busy freeways.

I still want to find a place to rent for the "honeymoon period" before selling my home and moving my family up - but this just might be do-able! I'm leaning toward saying "Yes" on Monday!

No comments: