Thursday, September 19, 2002

Catching up - Part IV - Laurie's Birthday (Part 2)

Well, with all the contractors mulling around all day, there wasn't much I could do with my wife during the afternoon (she had taken the afternoon off work). Instead, we were still hanging around the front yard when the backhoe driver finished filling in the hole around 7:00PM. So, when the backhoe driver found out it was my wife's birthday, he offered to let her pose for photos with the backhoe.

I'll post them here when I locate a freeware jpg compression software...

Update: My sister-in-law located a jpg compression utility (rudimentary, but functional - and free)


Ho ho hoe
Who says only boys get to play with big construction toys



Finally, Laurie, her son, and I went out for a birthday dinner. It was a wonderful meal. I had decided to buy a smallish gift (rather than none at all) since we're on a tight budget. Apparently it was the perfect gift, since, after opening it, she reminded me that I had already bought the same gift for her for Christmas! I guess I'll be trying to find an appropriate replacement this weekend.

No comments: