Wednesday, August 06, 2003

My aching back!

I hurt myself sometime this past weekend. I think it happened when I slipped on wet pavement. I actually slipped twice - once on the metal doorjamb at a restaurant, and once on the painted auditorium floor in a movie theatre. Both times, I managed to maintain my balance, but I think I may have wrenched my back in the process.

On Sunday, I started feeling the pain. That night, I had trouble sleeping, and on Monday, the pain was even worse. By the time I returned to Toronto (a four-hour drive), my back was a real mess. Tuesday, I could barely move. Although I dragged myself to work, I spent the majority of the day grimacing in pain. Today, the pain was only marginally reduced. My wife slipped me a single dose of Robaxacet as I was leaving Windsor. I've been reluctant to take it, primarily because I don't like taking drugs for every little thing; but also because one dose won't do me much good, and I certainly don't want to take these things on a continuing basis.

I'm hoping that a couple more days of good sleep and liberal use of an icepack will do the trick. If I'm wrong... I see my doctor this weekend, and I'll ask her opinion.

No comments: