Sunday, June 08, 2003

Moo!

It's raining horses and cows at the moment. I left my apartment after dinner to visit my sister. I toyed with the idea of walking the 400 metres or so to her home, but because it was slightly windy and cool, I thought I'd take the car. It was too nice when I left (though a bit muggy), so I didn't bring a jacket with me.

Bad choice.

After visiting for an hour or so, it was time to leave. As I approached the front door of her home, I could hear the unmistakable sound of rain hitting the roof. Only thing is, my sister lives in a two storey home. The rain was falling so hard, you could actually hear it from the main floor. She offered to let me leave through the garage, cutting by about 30 feet, the distance I would have to travel in the pouring rain. I still got soaked getting into my car.

Arriving back at my apartment, I was alarmed to see a wall of water blocking the sidewalk that leads to my basement apartment's entrance. So severe was the force of the rain issuing forth from the rain spout, I actually decided to ring the doorbell to the main house and ask to walk through their hallway to get to the basement stairs from indoors. After getting over the initial strangeness of my request, my landlord was clearly able to see from his front porch that my way was indeed blocked by unceasing rain.

I'm hoping this rain doesn't continue overnight, or my apartment may be flooded.

No comments: