Thursday, June 12, 2003

Speaking of niggling annoyances, the migration from my old Compaq to the new machine came with one hitch I hadn't expected. Compaq's machines come with a customized version of Internet Explorer. There is an animated GIF (a rotating "Q") at the top right of the screen on the Compaq browser. Before I migrated my old machine, the browser on the new machine had a clean toolbar. Now, after migrating, the toolbar is stuffed with additional icons.

I know how to customize the toolbar, and I've already removed the unwanted items. However, I can't seem to find anything in the documentation that will allow me to remove that annoying "Q". It seems to be an embedded part of an OEM Internet Explorer. Unlike some people who will pay to have things like this fixed, if I can't figure it out myself, I'll have to live with it.

No comments: