Wednesday, April 17, 2002

It's spring! Yesterday's temperature, officially a record breaker at 30C (86F) was actually warmer than that. My thermometer at home was registering 32C (90F), and it's supposed to be warm again today, for the third day in a row. Speaking of spring, today, I started the massive cleanup effort that my office has been needing for nearly 10 years. Despite the decision to throw away old documents, I still have to ensure that I don't destroy important doodles (I doodle on everything, and lots of my doodles contain significant information - like user IDs, passwords, account numbers, software serial numbers, etc.). So, the process of weeding out the true garbage from the useful garbage is tedious at best.

So far, I've managed to chuck about 50 lbs. of paper. That represents less than 10 percent of the amount I will probably end up throwing out. This garbage pile primarily consists of documents related to my former employment, but also contains other documents, some of which have been gathering dust on my desk for over five years. Lord knows what I will find when I start weeding through the archives. Ironically, despite having completely cleared my desk of unwanted clutter, I still haven't been able to locate a CD-ROM that had last been seen less than three weeks ago. Oh well, if it's here, I'll find it....

No comments: