Tuesday, April 30, 2002

Well, I'm pretty happy about the Monday afternoon meeting. I was told it was going to be an interview session, and it was not. That was disappointing. However, in every other respect, the afternoon meeting was excellent. The company putting on the seminar was quite upbeat about their own business outlook, and seemed genuinely interested in hiring several of the people recently put out of work by my ex-employer.

They made a point of saying that my ex-employer's misfortune is their gain... that they intended to hire between 12 and 15 of the people laid off this month. The information session was attended by approximately 30 people. If they indeed plan to hire 12-15 people from that group, I'm liking my chances. Hopefully, they are not against sponsoring an out-of-country candidate with a previously approved work visa.

I feel encouraged.

No comments: