Thursday, June 27, 2002

Fireworks

The Windsor/Detroit Freedom Festival fireworks display ended just a few minutes ago. Much more exciting for me was the fireworks of the past 72 hours. The details are so convoluted, I'm still not sure I understand them all. One thing is clear, however: my house is officially sold.

Now, I just have to see where I'll be living. The conditions placed by the purchaser of my home were not lifted in time for me to finalize the deal for the home we had been hoping to buy. And when reality set in, we went to work trying to find another home. We've placed an offer on a second property - the offer to be presented to the current owner tomorrow. If it's accepted, this ordeal will be over. If not, who knows what we'll do?

On another note, my wife took delivery of her new Toyota Echo yesterday (a big change after having driven an SUV). Meanwhile, my car goes back tomorrow, and I have no plans to replace it until I get a job.

No comments: