Sunday, June 02, 2002

We're on the web

The real-estate consultant said we'd get a draft of the writeup on Monday or Tuesday, and that it needed to be back in her hands for a Wednesday deadline to appear in the Friday real-estate paper. And our first open house is scheduled for next Sunday.

I had said earlier that within minutes of our sign going up, we had a call... well, I think the same person called back this afternoon, and this evening, he and his elderly mother came by to take a look. It was so exciting, leading a "showing" of the home for the first time. Heck, we don't yet have the paperwork (offer sheets, takeaway flyers, seller's guide), since we weren't scheduled to even be on the website until Wednesday. I think the people who came over were very serious. And they were also pleased that the house had not yet been placed on the website (they had checked). It gave them the "inside track" on the house... they're the first to see it, and the first to possibly get a crack at making an offer.

So, imagine my surprise when my wife ran up to me just a few minutes ago and said: "We're on the web"

Let the games begin!

No comments: