Tuesday, June 11, 2002

There's an investment website I read often. One of the message boards is dedicated to discussions related to the company where I used to work. For those of you familiar with the Detroit area, the NHL Stanley Cup finals are currently taking place between the Detroit Red Wings and the Carolina Hurricanes. The Detroit Red Wings are owned by Mike Ilitch, president of Little Caesars Pizza. The Carolina Hurricanes are owned by Peter Karmanos, CEO of Compuware (if you've been watching the hockey playoffs, perhaps you've noticed the "Compuware" ads adorning the boards in Carolina's stadium). Anyway, both Karmanos and Ilitch make their home in the Detroit area. And the two have a long and acrimonious relationship. Here then, is a comic strip currently circulating around town...


Adventures in Hockeytown


I'm hoping that after the hockey playoffs, Mr. Karmanos can start focusing back on the business of running Compuware. Although I may no longer be an employee, I still have significant investments in their stock, and I would dearly love to see its value improve.

Photo Credit: Mike Thompson, Detroit Free Press (from this Photo Scrapbook)



No comments: