Thursday, June 20, 2002

I had an interview today. The VP of Product Development for the company in Vancouver called and we had a heart-to-heart about career progression, roles and responsibilities of the available positions, salary requirements, relocation issues... all the infrastructure stuff that needs to be handled before things can proceed.

He indicated that the timeline for acting on the opportunity is flexible. If the technical interviews go well, and I'm amenable to an offer, things could go in a matter of two weeks or less. If the interview process becomes protracted, things might take months. I'm of two minds about the whole thing. My wife really doesn't want to relocate. Given her druthers, she'd want me to accept a position - any position - that would keep us in this region.

Staying in the house is out of the question. Our second open house is this weekend. There are three parties that have shown reasonably serious interest in this home (excluding the offer that was killed due to an unacceptable possession date). Of those, two have serious financial issues that could scuttle any quick sale. I'm placing my biggest faith in the last family to go through the house - a family with five children - and if not them, perhaps someone who sees the house this weekend.

Time will tell.

No comments: