Monday, June 03, 2002

We saw Star Wars Episode II yesterday. After really disliking Episode I, I had decided not to waste my money this time around. A small community theatre (which had closed over a year ago, and just recently reopened) was showing three first-run movies: Star Wars, Spider Man, and Sum of All Fears. I've been enjoying the Tom Clancy movies, so decided to take it in. Heavy traffic on the local highway (caused by construction - on a weekend no less!) had us arriving about 5 minutes after Sum of All Fears had begun. The next show to start was Star Wars. So, we went.

I won't get into the plot except to mention a couple of things. First, the fact that we already know what happens in Episode IV gives us a pretty good idea of what needs to happen in Episode III - which helps explain what's happening in Episode II. That "more direct" link in plot elements makes the story easier to follow, and more logical in its telling. Second, because apparently someone was listening to the criticism of Jar-Jar Binks in the first movie, and took appropriate steps.

So, I didn't hate Episode II, and am actually now looking forward to Episode III.

No comments: