Sunday, March 31, 2002

The cat is living on borrowed time....

Don't worry, she's in no danger of being harmed by me. I love her so much. But, she's definitely a second class citizen compared to the dogs, and maybe that's the root cause of my current problem. Our cat had developed a bad habit quite some time ago. It seems she's just as likely to drop her feces next to the litter box as inside it. The litter box is located in the laundry room, on a concrete floor. While this practice is driving my wife crazy (she deals with the poop), she has often told me that if the cat doesn't stop doing this, she will have to go. Now, within the past month, the cat's developed a new behaviour that is far more annoying. Every once in a while, she's been leaving small pools of urine on the hall floor. The hall floor is ceramic tile (new this past summer), and so far, I have been able to clean the mess up before it has had time to seep into the grout. Now that I'm involved in the cleanup process, my frustration level has risen dramatically.

Today, she may have crossed the line. In plain view of my wife, the cat let loose with a piddle on the livingroom carpet. Needless to say, my wife went ballistic, and the cat soon followed, propelled by a well-placed ass-kick. Having recently fallen back to earth, the cat has taken off to parts unknown. She's in hiding, and with good cause.

I know there are cat lovers out there that read my blog. If any of them wish to offer psychological reasons why the cat has manifested these behaviours, and whether she is likely to stop in the next 12 to 24 hours, feel free to voice your opinions in the comments section. After that, I'm afraid this feline is history. Later today, I'll be posting "Cat to good home" messages in the appropriate forums. As I said before, I love this cat, and wouldn't want to see any harm come to her. But, I love my wife more, and I know the cat is driving her bonkers.

To all of you who celebrate Easter, have a good one.

No comments: