Friday, March 01, 2002

So, what's up with TV tonight. There's some goofy award show on Fox TV. I hardly ever watch Fox. They only have two shows I enjoy: 24 and Dark Angel. Tonight was supposed to be the night for Dark Angel. I guess it got superceded by the "33rd Annual NAACP Awards". I'm Canadian, and I think the Juno Awards are stupid. It's like someone thought "we Canadians aren't good enough to win a REAL award, so let's have our own award show". I think that's dumb, and I think the NAACP awards are dumb for the same reason.

If Ebony magazine wants to do an article about the outstanding black entertainers of the year, more power to them. But I don't think every household in America needs to be subjected to a racially-restricted award show. As far as I can remember, there are no white-only, or hispanic-only or [fill-in-the-blank]-only award shows on TV. So what's up with that?

Now that I've been politically incorrect, let's get back to the business at hand. TV has sucked lately. Despite actually enjoying a small amount of Olympic coverage, it was a real drag being deprived of my favourite TV shows for 17 days. I thought everything was back to normal. I guess I was wrong....

As I feared, my glasses have come apart again. I had said earlier that I would not attempt to tape them again. I lied. I've tried three times since that post. Now, I have given up (on the tape, at least). But, the thought of having to do without the second arm for an entire week is driving me to desperate measures. I'm going to locate some crazy glue, and try to come up with some sort of splint that will help hold the damn thing together.

My vision correction is +6.75 diopter. Do you have any idea just how blind I am when my glasses are off? Take the following recipe: crazy glue, two tiny points of metal intersection, a splint (probably a toothpick), and VIRTUAL BLINDNESS. I wonder what you're supposed to use to remove crazy glue from your fingers....

No comments: