Wednesday, March 13, 2002

There are some people that I find it difficult to communicate with. If I say something completely meaningless and superficial, that seems to be fine. If I show emotion or express an opinion, I am ridiculed and berated. And if I simply sit mute, I am deemed to be brooding and uncommunicative.

Today, for the umpteenth time, I involuntarily offended a very nice person. Again, as with all previous offenses, I had no idea that I had said something offensive. Today, apparently, it was the last straw. I don't expect forgiveness, because without knowing what I've done wrong, it is unlikely that the offense can be avoided in the future. What I would like is the ability to maintain my contacts with other people in the circle. I am hopeful that I haven't offended everyone so grievously as to be unwelcome under any circumstances.

No comments: