Sunday, March 10, 2002

Sitting in my living room this morning, I was listening to Celine Dion's duet with Bocelli, and it reminded me of music I had heard yesterday while shopping with my wife. I knew I had heard it before. It was catchy, romantic, and somehow, I knew some of the words.

This morning, when I tried to think of the lyrics, they wouldn't come to me. Nor would the name of the artist. Internet to the rescue. I had to figure out who the artist was first. I thought of the young man who made a couple of guest appearances on Ally McBeal. What's his name? I tried getting the information from IMDB.COM, but the episode guide wasn't complete. So, I tried FOX.COM and after a lengthy search, was able to locate one of the episodes the singer had been a guest star. The singer was Josh Groban. Armed with this information, I found a web site featuring Josh, then proceeded to listen to snippets of his songs. Though I didn't find the song I had heard in the store, I did find the song that Celine had done (I guess that's why I thought of Josh in the first place).

OK, it's not Josh, so who else could it be. As I wracked my brain trying to remember, I came up with three possibilities: Light House, Creed, and Enrique Iglesias. I had trouble finding a modern version of Light House (the only band I found were from the 60's, so maybe "Light House" was not really the band's name). I found Creed, but when I listened to the first song, I realized the voice didn't match my recollection of yesterday's artist. So, I tried Enrique.

This guy's recorded a lot of music! I didn't want to take time to listen to all the songs, and none of the song titles struck a note of recognition. Then, I decided to search for "Iglesias Lyrics". I'll be damned... I found a site with lyrics to about a dozen of his songs. I had viewed the first three when my wife (who was sitting by my side as I did this searching) suggested I try the last song in the list. She recognized the title, and thought it might be the one. IT WAS!!! As the lyrics popped up on the screen, that sweet feeling of recognition washed over me, and I realized I had found what I was looking for.

That would have been impossible without the internet.

Here's the song lyrics: Could I have this kiss forever

No comments: