Sunday, March 03, 2002

A note from Jack:

Before posting, I did the old "select-all / copy" thing. Sure glad I did, because this post didn't get published the first time, so I saved myself some aggravation. Here's what I would have had to retype....


It was a mistake thinking that 3 hours was enough sleep yesterday. Despite not being sleepy just after getting up, it was clear that my whole day was affected. My attention span was limited, I didn't enjoy the movie as much as if I had been completely alert, and I was a zombie for much of the evening. I guess I fell asleep last night somewhere around 11:30PM on the basement couch. At about 6:00AM I work up and transferred to my bed. I just woke up a few minutes ago. It's nearly noon, and I'm still sleepy.

I've had a headcold for nearly two weeks. That's long for a cold, so maybe I've had two back-to-back. The last few days have been particularly miserable, with my cold also affecting my hearing. I got a call last night that my first cousin's wife's father died last night. The funeral is today. I will attend, although I hope they don't need me as a pall-bearer. Normally, I wouldn't mind, but I just don't have the strength today...

Happy birthday, Mom! Today is my mom's birthday. I sent her a card about 9 days ago, and hopefully it arrived on time. I have to remember to give her a call. Perhaps I'll do that now... OK, she did get the card, and was happy to hear my voice. She spends the winters vacationing in Arizona. They're due back to Canada just in time to file their tax returns (Canadians file at the end of April, not the 15th like the US). I also told her about the death in the "family". Apparently, my parents, being more in the same generation, were much closer to the deceased. She took it hard. I'll offer my condolences on my parents' behalf this afternoon.

My wife should be back from church in the next few minutes, so I should get off the computer and get ready for lunch.

No comments: