Thursday, March 07, 2002

I am so damned predictable, even when I don't want to be. At 10:00PM tonight, it hit me that I had forgotten to go to my dentist appointment tonight. Wouldn't you have thought that all the talking I had done about it, including my statement that I would probably forget, would have made me more prone to remember?

When I get wrapped up in something, everything else just disappears. Today, it was the cars. My wife and I will have to settle for something less than we want, because we just can't justify the cost of what we do want. And today was particularly frustrating, because I spent close to an hour talking with the really nice, helpful salesman at the place we can't afford to purchase from. I have to tell him, I can't just disappear into the woodwork. Thing is, if my current job situation wasn't so fragile, we would go with the more expensive vehicle, because it's much better. It's worth every penny of the cost. We simply can't afford it in this job market. There's about a 20% difference in the cost of the two "packages". It's just too much to ignore.

What am I going to tell my dentist tomorrow? I think I should just tell him the truth. I forgot. Plain and simple. And I'll have to just forget about this appointment and wait until the next scheduled one. Because, if I have it now, that will throw off the schedules of my next three appointments (there's a minimum gap that needs to be left for insurance coverages to be in effect). Simply skipping this appointment will mean the others can stay as they are.

No comments: