Saturday, March 02, 2002

I went to bed at 6:15AM this morning, and slept on-and-off until nearly 9:00AM. Somehow, despite the very short sleep, I can't say I've felt all that sleepy. It might catch up to me later today, but for now, all seems OK.

This morning, I was watching my wife play with Dreamweaver. She only started learning to use it last weekend, and she's already producing significant work (for the level of experience). Keep in mind, my wife enjoys computers, but has no formal training. Everything she knows about computers, software, hardware, etc. is self-taught. I was so proud of her progress! Not only was she designing attractive and functional web pages, but she was also using "power-tools" to optimize .jpg file sizes for the internet. The site where this tool and others can be found is Website Garage.

Anyway, after seeing her work, and helping her understand how the width and height parameters work within tables, we went shopping. The office chair that she bought before Christmas wasn't comfortable enough (it had no lumbar support), so we called the store to see if they would take it back if we wished to purchase an upgraded model. They were under no obligation to do so, as we were well outside the store's 30-day exchange policy limit. Despite this, we were told there would be no problem. It's stores like this that will continue to get my business, because they work so hard to earn it.

Now, we're back home with a much better chair. It was about $100 more than the one we returned (and that's the on-sale price). But it's really comfortable, and I feel my wife will be much more comfortable with it.

My mother-in-law was supposed to come for a visit this morning, to check out the treadmill, and look at my wife's new bible CD. She called at the last minute to say she wouldn't be coming - she had opted to shop instead. When my wife and I returned from the Staples store, there was a note on the door... she had shown up while we were out. Oh well!

Today, my wife and I will be going to see the Bruce Willis film "Hart's War". Although the TV previews seem to show a lot of action, the synopsis on the movie site talks about a more temporal theme.

Guess it's time to check the chat room, and see if anyone is home....

No comments: