Thursday, March 28, 2002

This was not a good day. I ate too much, I slept too much, then I ate much too much more. I don't know why Passover makes me want to overcompensate like this. Considering it's a holiday where I can't stand the food, I sure seem to eat a lot of it.

I had gone shopping yesterday to the only strictly kosher market in my city (hoping to stock up on Passover supplies), and found a landlord's notice posted on the door. Seems the place closed down last month. Come to think of it, I seem to remember getting a letter from someone I didn't know, telling me I could get my holiday supplies from them. I tossed the letter, because I always shop at this other place. I guess now I know why he sent the letter!

One day gone, seven to go....

My wife came home from work today, a completely nervous wreck. She had been overworked to the point of wanting to resign. I think, were it not for the four-day holiday weekend, she would have. The irony is that I had given her a newspaper article just two days ago - the article concentrated on how to say "no" to bosses and co-workers when you're already overworked and have been handed more things to do. (Honey, if you're reading this, I'm really concerned about your health)

When I wasn't sleeping or stuffing my face, I was studying. I managed to complete two courses of Computer-Based management training today. It took several hours, and was actually quite interesting. I have one more module to finish tomorrow before heading off to work to file my end-of-month paperwork.

Once I finish that module, I will have completed all the available on-line management courses. After that, I will switch gears and get back to technical training. I'm thinking Java, ASP, and PHP in that order. I've already completed the JavaScript and HTML courses. Anyone have any other ideas about what would be a good course to take?

No comments: