Sunday, March 31, 2002

Today was Black Sunday. I finally made it across the border to my office, where I dutifully filed my end-of-month paperwork, and took the opportunity to read my email. There was a new email, dated Sunday, March 31st. It's obvious that very few employees have seen it yet. In it, in words that stop just shy of "pack your bags", is the summation of management's new philosophy (which, in fairness to them, is much more in line with other organizations). Paraphrasing: "we're shutting down entire offices, and dramatically reducing personnel at others. If you're currently on assignment, you are safe". It goes on to say that persons with less than 15 years' seniority will get one month of severance - all others get two months. Finally, it states that these measures will take place in April.

Let's see... tomorrow is April.... hmmmm.....

No comments: