Tuesday, March 05, 2002

Yesterday night, I watched prime time TV, but fell asleep on the couch during the evening news. When I woke up at 4:00AM, I dragged myself to bed. This morning, I was due to be at my cousin's house for 7:45AM. I got there at 7:30AM and was the first one there, although within 5 minutes of my arrival, there were five more people, and then they started arriving like flights at Chicago's O'Hare Airport. By 7:45AM we had at least 15 people present.

My glasses have not been staying on my face very well, and today, during the morning prayers, they fell off again. I tried to catch them, but I was hopelessly entangled in my prayer shawl, and I expected them to hit the ground hard. But, my commotion caught the attention of one of the younger attendees, and he made a deft save, just before they hit the ground. Thanks, Steve, for the save.

Steve had an interesting story to tell us this morning (actually, his dad started bragging, and Steve had to fill in the details). Apparently, one of the Canadian Olympic free-style skiers is a long-time patient of Steve's (Steve is a dentist). And apparently, this skier either lost, or somehow damaged his mouth guard during the Olympics. I'm not sure of the details, but Steve was in Salt Lake City for the games, and took time to build a mouth guard for his patient during the games, and (drum roll...) was caught on camera, on national TV, inserting this mouth guard into the skier's mouth just before his jump. I guess the mouth guard wasn't enough for the skier to win a medal. He finished 8th.

My wife gave me an errand to do today. She's been bitching about our crappy lawn service for several years. They never call before coming, then complain that we left the gate locked, or the dogs in the yard... Meanwhile, my sister, who's be using a competitor's service, has nothing but wonderful things to say about their timeliness, courtesy, and general planning. So, at the end of last season, my wife finally decided to switch services. Today, she called the service to get us set up as customers in time for the spring lawncare season.

Would you believe... my sister's service has sold all their local contracts to their competitor (the do-no-goods). So, my wife has thrown up her hands and has informed me that I am now in charge of lawncare. I can choose any service I want, as long as it's not the same company we've used for the past few years. Actually, I can choose that one if I wish, but then I will be in charge of the day-to-day liason between them and us. So, I've called a few services and asked them to leave estimates.

Tonight, I have the first installment of my second management course. I have to ensure I leave my TV set up to record "24". Fox used to play reruns of the series on Friday night, but they've stopped doing that. And we don't get the F/X station on our local cable package, so I don't have the option of watching reruns on their network.

Well, that's it for now. Time to relax a bit, before getting ready for classes later this afternoon.

No comments: