Friday, March 01, 2002

Well, I've just returned from the optician's office. My glasses are still under warranty (whew), but the new frames won't be in for a full week! The receptionist there taped my glasses together (a feat in itself, if you saw how thin the points of contact are), but I doubt it will survive the day. I'll probably not bother trying to tape them again the next time it falls apart.

My wife told me she might take the afternoon off work (she's got time-in-lieu owning) and that means we'll have lunch and the afternoon together. Although she takes off every Wednesday, that's her day for doing all the errands, shopping, laundry, etc. so it's really not a good day to spend time together. I'm looking forward to the company.

Once burned, twice shy. I find myself doing a "Copy" of this message before posting, just in case I lose it. At least I learn from my misfortunes.

No comments: