Tuesday, March 05, 2002

Why today? Why can't I catch a single break. It's early, and I'm trying to prepare my VCR for tonight's episode of "24". I don't use my VCR much, because I spend outrageous amounts of time in front of the boob-tube, and I am lucky to not have conflicting favourites (two shows on simultaneously that are must-see). I got my tape ready for tonight, then discovered that my VCR doesn't have any programming capability on the main unit - programming must be done through the remote. Remote? Who uses the remote? My VCR is always on channel 3. I use the remote for the cable box!

OK, don't panic, this thing must have come with a remote. Let's find it. Where should it be? Well, my wife, neat freak that she is, long ago decided that remotes should go in the hidden drawer underneath the sofa. My main remotes don't go there, because I use them too often. But hey, it's a good place to start the search. I don't believe it, it's actually there!

It doesn't work. OK, there aren't any batteries. Let's get some batteries. There are lots of remotes around here, so I'll just transfer some batteries temporarily....

It still doesn't work. That just can't be! It has to work! I can't believe it. This damned remote, which I may have used twice in it's whole life, doesn't work anymore.

I'll write more after I go out and buy a new one.

No comments: