Wednesday, May 15, 2002

I have seen the Enemy, and the enemy has power. I don't know Eric, except for the blog entries I've read. For the past week or so, I've been visiting his blog through a link posted on Benway's blog. Eric is brash, not quite my cup of tea, but I've still been enjoying some of his posts.

Anyway, the other day, Eric left an entry in my Guestmap, in direct response to a request I had made for people to pinpoint themselves on the map. I don't know how Eric found my site (perhaps through Benway or kd?) - it doesn't really matter. In response to his guestmap entry, I posted a response. And, as I said, I read his blog pretty regularly.

The last time I read his blog, I was surprised to see my name on his list of links. I hadn't even realized I was there, until I saw the referrer tag on my sitemeter report. I thought it was a nice gesture, considering we've barely "spoken". Today (two days later), I again stopped by his site, and the link to my blog was no longer there - a victim of the reciprocal purge war!

Mine is a small blog - unimpressive in graphic content, editorial content, and readership. It will remain that way because I don't read many blogs, and I don't grant automatic reciprocal links. It's not that I wouldn't grant reciprocal links. I just figure that each man's blog is his property, and when I link to someone's blog, it is because I find the content enjoyable and compatible with my own background. Eric's blog is legendary, and I won't dispute that. Like I said before, it's just not my cup of tea.

No comments: