Wednesday, May 22, 2002

Life is funny. Yesterday, I posted a poll soliciting opinions about what disciplines I might want to focus on to make myself more employable. Today, I got a telephone call from a company I had applied to soon after I became unemployed. They have reviewed my resume, and believe it is time to interview me for a position with their company. They are particularly interested in those "rare skills" I had complained were no longer marketable. Before flying me out, they called to make sure I would be willing to relocate, and willing to accept a salary in the ballpark they were looking to spend. I told them the salary would be acceptable, provided my wife wouldn't mind relocating, and provided we were able to find affordable housing in that part of the country.

This afternoon, my wife and I spent considerable time discussing the ramifications of a move; and searching an internet-based home location site, seeing what properties are available in the general area, and how much it would cost to buy a home there.

I expect to hear back from them either Friday, or after the Memorial Day weekend holiday in the U.S.

No comments: