Thursday, May 09, 2002

Today was a good day. No stress. Relative relaxation - not for me (I'm always relaxed - spelled L-A-Z-Y), but for my wife. Having stayed up all night last night, I finally got to bed at 10:00AM, but woke up to the sound of the phone at 12 NOON. So much for sleep. Then, it was time to help my wife with some chores around the pool, as she worked feverishly to get everything working, and the lawn furniture up. She's of the opinion that summer will come if all the summer furniture is ready to go. It may be working. The weather turned decidedly positive today, and it was just a gorgeous day to be outside. We were happy to see that the pool vacuum was doing it's work efficiently; after only an hour in the pool, things were looking almost swimmable. Who knows, by Sunday, the pool may look inviting enough for my wife to try freezing her big toe!

If I have my way, the pool heater will remain unused until nearer the end of the month, so that we won't be trying to warm all of the great outdoors. Even so, from the standpoint of being photogenic, the pool will be more than ready to step before the camera by week's end. Then, we can get the show on the road vis-a-vis listing the house for sale.

I wish I had some news, any news, about job prospects. Suffice to say that a recent article in the local paper described in morbid detail just how bad the local IT marketplace is. I sure am glad I start getting some unemployment benefits soon. Hopefully, I'll be able to land a well-paying job before the benefits run out. In the meantime, I'm thinking of spending some time trying to resurrect my freelance consulting career. When there are no companies willing to hire, you need to come up with creative ways of putting food on the table.

Well, that's enough for tonight. Time to get to bed, and get some real sleep. I'm betting I fall asleep within 5 minutes of hitting the pillow.

No comments: