Thursday, May 30, 2002

I knew there was more

I contacted the other company that had expressed some interest, because they had indicated that interviews would be held last week, with a hire decision due by early June. My call today was probative. I was trying to determine whether any final decisions had been made. I'm glad I called, because I was told the entire schedule had fallen behind, and the interviewing process has not yet begun. I still don't know whether I have a chance at these jobs, but at least I know I haven't been eliminated from the competition yet.

And in other job-related news, I received a call today from a friend who is still working for "the company", and he told me about an opportunity that might be coming available. Again, there's nothing certain, but any lead at this point is much appreciated. It was too late to check it out today, but perhaps tomorrow, I can give myself a nice birthday present.

No comments: