Sunday, May 05, 2002

My wife and I just spent the past half-hour looking at open houses in our area, checking out the competition, as it were. We saw a house that I think is comparable to ours (they have some things we don't have, and vice versa). My wife, who always thinks our house is not good enough, thought this house was much better. I would say that's true of the kitchen; and the bathroom was marginally better because their cabinets look like they had been recently restained. Other than that, our home would be more than a match. Anyway, while driving around our middle-class neighborhood, we came upon a house with three cars in the driveway. One was a Chrysler minivan - no big surprise, since they're built locally - but the other two were interesting... a mint condition Dodge Viper, and a brand new Honda S2000. Was I jealous? Not much (and if you believe that, I have some swamp land to sell you)!

No comments: