Monday, May 06, 2002

It's been an interesting, if somewhat frustrating day for me. Having stayed up all night talking with friends in voice chat rooms, I really needed to get some sleep. So, at about 4:30AM, I went to sleep in my TV chair. I woke briefly at around 7:30AM and transfered my semi-lifeless carcass to the bedroom, where I slept until 11:30AM. I knew my wife was scheduled to try some really challenging network-administration duties this afternoon. She's not the administrator, but just doesn't know how to say NO to anyone, so she's stuck doing most difficult jobs. So, I called her, and arranged to volunteer my services for part of the afternoon. After a quick lunch, I joined my wife at a remote work site to try to tackle the "simple" job of switching from one mail program to another. Unfortunately, Mr. Murphy showed up in full regalia, ready and willing to mess with our heads. After a couple of frustrating hours trying to outwit him, we had to admit defeat, and left with our tails between our legs. Perhaps we'll have better luck sneaking up on him on some other day.

When I got home, I sat down to read email. There was a note from Michele at A Small Victory - a response to an email I had sent earlier in the day. Considering Michele's hectic schedule, I was surprised that she found the time to reply so quickly; and honoured by a compliment she paid me. For some of you reading this entry, it may be as a result of following a link from her site.



No comments: